The Global Solar Power Tracker is a worldwide dataset of utility-scale solar photovoltaic (PV) and solar thermal facilities. It includes solar farm phases with capacities of 20 megawatts (MW) or more (10 MW or more in Arabic-speaking countries). A solar project phase is generally defined as a group of one or more solar units that are installed under one permit, one power purchase agreement, and typically come online at the same time. The Global Solar Power Tracker catalogs every solar farm phase at these capacity thresholds of any status, including operating, announced, pre-construction, under construction, shelved, cancelled, mothballed, or retired. Each solar farm included in the tracker is linked to a wiki page on the GEM wiki.
To receive notifications from this project, please sign up for our mailing list. If you have questions about this project, please contact the Project Manager, Kasandra O’Malia.
- countries included
- solar farm phases tracked
- GW current operating capacity
- GW prospective capacity
- Solar Farm Capacity by Country (MW)
- Solar Farm Phase Count by Country
- Solar Farm Capacity by Region (MW)
- Solar Farm Phase Count by Region
- Top 20 Countries by Number of Operating Solar Farm Phases
- Top 20 Countries by Prospective Solar Farm Capacity
- New Solar Capacity Added by Country and Year
- Planned Solar Capacity Additions by Country and Year