The Global Coal Terminals Tracker (GCTT) is a worldwide dataset of import, export, and domestic coal terminals, and new projects. The tracker provides asset-level details on coal terminal ownership, geolocation, development stage and status, capacity, and more.
Data is available to download and viewable with interactive mapping and aggregate summary tables. A factsheet on GEM.wiki is created for each coal terminal with qualitative information, including news about project financing and supply chains, and references.
The map provides the option to view coal terminals in conjunction with Global Energy Monitor’s coal infrastructure data, including the Global Coal Plant Tracker, Global Coal Mine Tracker, and Global Steel Plant Tracker.
The tracker data is updated on an annual basis, most recently in December 2022.
- coal terminals tracked
- port locations
- tonnes of operating capacity
- countries included
- Global Coal Terminal Capacity by Country (MTPA)
- Global Coal Terminal Capacity by Region (MTPA)
- Number of Global Coal Terminals by Status
- Operating Global Coal Terminal Capacity by Type (MTPA)