The Global Bioenergy Power Tracker is a worldwide dataset of utility-scale bioenergy power facilities. It includes bioenergy units with capacities of 30 megawatts (MW) or more. The tracker provides separate data on each of the multiple facilities that typically exist at a particular location. Each of these facilities is referred to as a “unit.” The entire collection of units at a given location is referred to as a “power station.”
The tracker includes every bioenergy unit at the 30 MW capacity threshold for operating, announced, pre-construction and in-construction units located at facilities that do not burn or co-fire with non-bioenergy sources. Each facility included in the tracker is linked to a wiki page on the GEM wiki.
To receive notifications from this project, please sign up for our mailing list. If you have questions about this project, please contact the Project Manager, Ingrid Behrsin.
- countries included
- bioenergy units tracked
- MW current operating capacity
- MW prospective capacity
- Bioenergy Capacity by Country (MW)
- Bioenergy Capacity by Region (MW)
- Bioenergy Operational Capacity by Country and Year (MW)
- Top 5 Countries by Operating Capacity (MW)
- Top 5 Countries by Prospective Capacity (MW)