The Global Wind Power Tracker (GWPT) is a worldwide dataset of utility-scale, on and offshore wind facilities. It includes wind farm phases with capacities of 10 megawatts (MW) or more. A wind project phase is generally defined as a group of one or more wind turbines that are installed under one permit, one power purchase agreement, and typically come online at the same time. The GWPT catalogs every wind farm phase at this capacity threshold of any status, including operating, announced, pre-construction, under construction, shelved, cancelled, mothballed, or retired. Each wind farm included in the tracker is linked to a wiki page on the GEM wiki.
To receive notifications from this project, please sign up for our mailing list. If you have questions about this project, please contact the Project Manager, Shradhey Prasad.
- countries included
- wind farm phases tracked
- GW current operating capacity
- GW prospective capacity
- Wind Farm Capacity by Country (MW)
- Wind Farm Phase Count by Country
- Wind Farm Capacity by Region (MW)
- Wind Farm Phase Count by Region
- Wind Farm Capacity by Installation Type & Region (MW)
- Top 20 Countries by Number of Operating Wind Farm Phases
- Top 20 Countries by Number of Prospective Wind Farm Phases
- New Wind Power Capacity Added by Country and Year
- Planned Wind Power Capacity Additions by Country and Year