The Global Geothermal Power Tracker (GGtPT) is a worldwide dataset of geothermal power facilities. It includes geothermal power plant units with capacities of 30 megawatts (MW) or more. The GGtPT catalogs every geothermal power plant unit at this capacity threshold of any status, including operating, announced, under development, under construction, shelved, cancelled, mothballed, or retired. A geothermal power plant can be composed of several units, or just a single unit. Units can consist of multiple turbines, constructed at different times and several units may make up one geothermal power station. Various types of geothermal plants and technologies are tracked in the dataset, including flash steam, dry steam, binary cycle, and others. Each geothermal plant included in the tracker is linked to a wiki page on the GEM wiki.
To receive notifications about this project, please sign up for our mailing list. If you have questions about this project, please contact the Project Manager, Kasandra O’Malia.
- countries included
- geothermal power units
- GW of operating capacity
- GW of prospective capacity
- Geothermal Power Capacity by Country (MW)
- Geothermal Power by Country (Unit Count)
- Geothermal Power Capacity by Installation Type and Region (MW)
- Geothermal Power Top 5 Operating Capacity by Owner (MW)
- Geothermal Power Top 5 Prospective Capacity by Owner (MW)