The Global Geothermal Power Tracker (GGtPT) is a worldwide dataset of geothermal power facilities. A geothermal power plant can be composed of several units, or just a single unit. Units can consist of multiple turbines, constructed at different times and several units may make up one geothermal power station. The GGtPT includes geothermal power plant units with capacities of 30 megawatts (MW) or more, and catalogs every geothermal power plant unit at this capacity threshold of any status, including operating, announced, pre-construction, under construction, shelved, cancelled, mothballed, or retired. Various types of geothermal plant technologies are tracked in the dataset, including flash steam, dry steam, binary cycle, and others. Each geothermal plant included in the tracker is linked to a wiki page on the GEM wiki.
The most recent release of this data was in July 2023.
- countries included
- geothermal power units
- GW of operating capacity
- GW of prospective capacity
- Geothermal Power Capacity by Country (MW)
- Geothermal Power by Country (Unit Count)
- Geothermal Power Capacity by Installation Type and Region (MW)
- Top 5 Owners of Operating Geothermal Units by Capacity
- Top 5 Owners of Prospective Geothermal Units by Capacity