The Global Bioenergy Power Tracker is a worldwide dataset of utility-scale bioenergy power facilities. It includes bioenergy units with capacities of 30 megawatts (MW) or more. The tracker provides separate data on each of the multiple facilities that typically exist at a particular location. Each of these facilities is referred to as a “unit.” The entire collection of units at a given location is referred to as a “power station.”
The tracker includes every bioenergy unit at the 30 MW capacity threshold for operating, announced, pre-construction and in-construction power station units. In some cases, units may combust multiple fuel sources in addition to bioenergy. Each power station included in the tracker is linked to a wiki page on the GEM wiki.
The most recent release of this data was in November 2023.
- countries included
- bioenergy units tracked
- MW current operating capacity
- MW prospective capacity
- Bioenergy Capacity (MW) by Country
- Bioenergy Capacity (MW) by Region
- Bioenergy Capacity (MW) by Country and Year
- Top 10 Countries by Operating Capacity (MW)
- Top 10 Countries by Prospective Capacity (MW)