Global Energy Monitor (“GEM”, “we”, “us”) respects the privacy of all of our website’s users and visitors. This policy explains how we use and protect the personal information we collect from you when you visit our website or use our applications (our “Services”). By using our Services, you agree to the collection and use of information as described in this policy.
Information We Collect
We collect the following information:
- Personally identifiable information: this includes your name, email address, phone number, location, employer, title, credit card details, donation history, and data that you provide in connection with any of our surveys to which you respond.
- Usage information: this includes your internet protocol (IP) address, browser information, computer hardware information, operating system, the time you access our website, and the type of content you view or engage with while on our website.
How We Collect Information
We only collect personally identifiable information when it is voluntarily provided. You provide us with this information when you:
- Register, subscribe, donate, or otherwise voluntarily provide information through our Services
- Complete a survey, provide feedback, or send us an email
Usage information is collected automatically when you access our Services.
Retaining Your Data
We will only retain as much of your data as is needed to fulfill our purposes, including any relating to legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Any unneeded information will be deleted.
We will only retain your data for as long as it is needed, after which it will be deleted.
How We Use Information
We collect information about users and visitors so that we can:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services
- Monitor and understand how our Services are used
- Send you news, updates, and information about us and our Services, with your permission
- Accept and acknowledge donations
- Communicate with volunteers
- Provide direct support to users and visitors
How We Share Information
We will not sell or otherwise share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes. We will only share your information when:
- Required or permitted by law
- Necessary for reporting to our donors and partners
- Required by a third party service provider or contractor who we authorize to use your information to help improve our Services
How We Store Information
We store all of your information electronically and do not keep physical copies. We have adopted technical, administrative, and physical safeguards that protect your information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of transmitted data. Any information you voluntarily provide is transmitted at your own risk.
What Are Your Data Protection Rights?
Users and visitors should be aware of all the data protection rights to which they are enabled:
- The right to access: you have the right to request copies of your personal data. We do not charge a fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: you have the right to request that we correct any personal information that you believe is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure: you have the right to request that we erase your personal information.
- The right to restrict processing: you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to object to processing: you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability: you have the right to request that we transfer the data we have collected to you or to another organization.
Privacy Policies of Other Websites
How to Contact Us
Please contact us using this form if you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy.
Effective date: December 22, 2020