The Global Gas Plant Tracker (GGPT) is a worldwide dataset of gas-fired power plants. It includes units with capacities of 50 megawatts (MW) or more (20 MW or more in the European Union and the United Kingdom). The GGPT catalogs every gas power plant at this capacity threshold of any status, including operating, announced, pre-construction, construction, shelved, cancelled, mothballed, or retired. Units often consist of a boiler and gas or steam turbines, and several units may make up one gas-fired power station. The map and underlying data is updated bi-annually, in February and July. Each plant included in the tracker is linked to a wiki page on GEM.wiki, which provides additional details.
To receive notifications from this project, please sign up for our mailing list. If you have questions about this project, please contact the Project Manager, Jenny Martos.
- countries included
- gas units tracked
- gas plant owners
- GW gas capacity in development
- Gas Plants by Country (MW)
- Gas Plants by Country (Power Stations)
- Gas Plants by Country (Units)
- Gas Plants by Region (MW)
- Gas Plants by Region (Power Stations)
- Gas Plants by Region (Units)
- Coal-to-Gas Conversions by Region (MW)
- Global Ownership of Gas Plants (MW)
- Captive Gas Plants by Industry (MW)
- Gas Plants by Technology by Region (MW)