The Global Coal Project Finance Tracker (GCPFT) is a dataset of financial transactions to coal-fired power stations and proposed coal projects. The tracker includes information on project financiers, transaction amounts, financial institutions, financing status, dates of financial close, and more.
Data is available to download and viewable with interactive mapping and aggregate dashboards and summary tables. Each coal power station is linked to its own separate factsheet on GEM.wiki that provides references and further background. The project methodology is available here.
The most recent release of this data was in October 2023.
- Total Closed Coal Plant Project Financing ($B) over Time
- Top Financiers ($USD) by Financier Country
- Top Financiers (MW) by Financier Country
- Coal Project Financing ($USD) by Finance Type and Financier Type
- Coal Project Financing ($USD) by Country of Project Location
- Coal Project Financing ($USD) by Region of Project Location
- projects tracked
- project sponsors
- total GW financed
- combined project value