The Asia Gas Tracker provides a comprehensive dataset of gas infrastructure across East Asia, South Asia, and Southeast Asia. The tracker covers gas pipelines, LNG terminals, oil and gas-fired power plants, and gas extraction sites. The map and underlying data are updated regularly, and each project has a dedicated wiki page on GEM.wiki that provides extensive detail on the project, such as the project’s status, capacity, and ownership.
The interactive map format allows users to geographically visualize various configurations of pipeline routes and infrastructure locations. The data for this tracker is drawn from the global datasets developed by the Global Oil and Gas Plant Tracker, Global Oil and Gas Extraction Tracker, and Global Gas Infrastructure Tracker.
The current release includes the most recent Asia data from each of these trackers. The dates for each of the trackers’ most recent updates are listed in the About page of the data download.
- GW of oil and gas plants in operation
- GW of oil and gas plants in development
- operating LNG terminals
- LNG terminals in development
- Gas Plants by Country (MW)
- Gas Plants by Region (MW)
- Ownership of Gas Plants in Asia (MW)
- Gas Plants by Technology by Country (MW)
- Pipelines by Country (km)
- Pipelines by Start Year (km)
- LNG Export Trains by Country
- LNG Import Trains by Country
- LNG Import Capacity by Country (mtpa)
- LNG Export Capacity by Country (mtpa)